Monday, March 29, 2010

A Special Note of Thanks

Yesterday (March 28, 2010) we had the PhilNITS examinations here in Davao City (simultaneous nationwide, and also with several Asian countries).

I intend to write more details about the examination, particularly the one here in Davao, soon. But for now, I would like to say "Thank You"...

... to all those who took the exams!
... especially to those who exerted extra-ordinary efforts to prepare for the exams
... to those who participated in our tight-scheduled, month-long (almost), daily reviews
... to Data Horizon, for continuing to sponsor the review and the exams for our students
... to members of the Davao Software Industry, Inc. (DSII) for taking/challenging the exams
... to MCA, for sponsoring the exams for some of our Davao IT engineers
... to PhilNITS Foundation, especially the Davao team, for their support and assistance
... to Kato-san, for visiting Davao again, after almost a year
... to the teachers, for their undying support and inspiration to their students
... to those who joined our bowling game last March 21 at the Fairlanes bowling alleys
... to my lovely wife, my cute kids, and my family, for their support and understanding

I am saying my "thank you", not in anticipation of the would-be results, but I am saying my "thank you" regardless of what would be the results of the recent exam.

3 comments:

Anton said...

お疲れ様です :)

Mike said...

Hi! I have been reading your blog for a while now. I really appreciate what you are doing to bolster Davao's IT field.

I am somewhat envious of the students that you mentored for the exam. They had a dedicated and patient teacher to guide them. We currently don't have the same opportunity in our company. It's hard to gather everyone here because of different work schedules. Reviewers are also lacking.

Hehe. I just took the SW recently (incredibly difficult). I wasn't confident, and got a headache afterwards. I want to know the result so that I can finally put my mind to rest. :)

By the way, there are a handful of Davaoeños working here in Cebu that have passed the PhilNITS FE. Some of them have gone on to pass SW. At least one has returned to Davao to work there.

Me, I'm debating with myself where to go next. Hehe.

loypinoy said...

Thank you, Anton and Mike.

My belief in PhilNITS and it's efforts to improve the Filipino's IT capability drives me to lead the advocacy here in Davao.

We have lots of potentially good IT engineers here, and as Mike mentioned, some really good and experienced ones who would like to go back to Davao.

Good luck on the results of your SW exam, Mike. If you would like some advice in deciding your next moves, you may email/YM me at dwloy@yahoo.com. Me and the Davao Software Industry, Inc. (DSII) would be happy to welcome you back, and many others, to Davao.