Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Realizing a Dream…

With the help of IT, I can now start realizing one of my dreams… that is to teach and share what I have learned and experienced thus far. I have always had the passion for teaching. I actually look at it as “sharing”. Isn’t it wonderful how sharing takes away nothing from you, and yet gives so much benefit to others whom you share with?

I often say that I may not be the best or the brightest in the areas I am sharing my skills or knowledge about, but with the insights and experiences I have gained thus far there just might be something useful others can learn from me. Some of the most important experiences I will be sharing may not not even be mine. Experience is a wonderful thing, as even if we can only “physically” experience so much in our relatively short life, we can nevertheless accumulate an unlimited number of “virtual” experiences as we listen to the experiences (stories) of others.

I also love trying to imagine and placing myself in other’s shoes, to see things as they do, and to understand as they would. This helps me understand better when listening to other people. But it also helps me when I am the one doing the talking/explaining. Seeing it from my audience’ point of view makes it easier to explain in ways they would best and most easily understand. I guess that is why there are times I can help people more easily understand things that I myself have just recently learned. And it is such a rewarding experience. It is what made me think that teaching might just be for me.

And even though financially, geographically and time-wise it is hard to reach and to teach others, blogging has provided me with a venue to start realizing that dream. So while struggling to provide financially for my family, and spend quality time with them, somehow I will find the time to do my “sharing”.

1 comment:

BCoelho2000 said...

Hi there Aloysius Torres!

I'm also a great believer in the power of sharing knowledge!

I'm also a founder of a blog and I had the pleasure of presenting two seminars at my university.

I just wanted to let you know that I can relate with your knowledge sharing mission and if you need any help please let me know!

Keep up the good work!